Overdrive / Libby e-books and digital audiobooks & magazines
As a library patron you have access to free e-books and audiobooks through Libby or via Ontario Library Service Download Centre.
More about downloading e-books and audiobooks:
If you are downloading e-books for use on an e-reader, you will need to download and install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
For questions and support not covered in the guides contact Frontline Tech Support here.
Kanopy streaming TV
Kanopy streams thoughtful entertainment to your preferred device. Everyone from film scholars to casual viewers will discover remarkable and enriching films on Kanopy. Log in with your library card and enjoy a diverse catalog with new titles added every month. You can access 10 items a month (and an unlimited number of items from Kanopy kids).
Access Kanopy or Kanopy Kids on your computer, or download the app on your choice of device:
Apple | Android | Roku | Amazon
Other sources of digital books online
Cantook Station contains a library of French-language ebooks and audiobooks. Please contact the library to register for an account with Cantook Station. It can take up to 48 hours for an account registration to go through. You can find guides on using Cantook Station on PC, Mac, iOS, android and eReaders here.
Magazines and research resources
Mississippi Mills patrons have access to Consumer Reports along with many other magazine articles and resources through EBSCOhost databases. You can access and search resources in the EBSCO MasterFILE Premier database. When Logging in from outside the library enter your card number in the Patron ID field (if your card number starts with a 2, omit the last digit). Access our quick reference guide here or a more in depth video guide (33 minutes) on using EBSCO databases can be found here.
EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system offering a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers. The comprehensive databases are listed below. When Logging in from outside the library enter your card number in the Patron ID field (if your card number starts with a 2, omit the last digit).
- Canadian Reference Centre – but to simplify search, use: title list of publications. Canadian Reference Centre combines full-text content from Canadian magazines, newspapers, newswires and reference books. Also includes international (U.S. and U.K) periodicals in full text.
- EBSCO Audiobook Collection
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- MasterFILE Premier – 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents
- MasterFILE Reference eBook Collection – covers a broad range of general reference subjects
- Primary Search – provides articles from more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. Information dates as far back as 1990
- Primary Search Reference eBook Collection – eBook titles covering a broad range of general reference subjects for primary school students. Topics include social studies, history, language arts, geography, culture, math, and science