Are you a strong supporter of the Library? Excited and passionate about the Library’s mission statement?
“To inspire lifelong learning, provide equitable access to information, advance knowledge and strengthen our community.”
The Library is now seeking passionate community members who are interested in applying for the next term of the Library Board 2023-2026.
Why Join the Library Board?
This is your opportunity to:
- develop and promote what our Library can do for our community
- promote a positive relationship between the Library Board and Municipal Council
- represent the different interests and concerns of Mississippi Mills residents
What Skills Can You Bring?
Each Board Member brings a unique perspective and set of skills such as:
- strategic planning
- human resources/personnel
- a passion for libraries and what they can achieve
The Board holds regular monthly meetings (except July). The time commitment includes: preparation time to read and consider reports and other information in the meeting package, and the meeting time of approximately 2 hours. Committee meetings vary, based on need.
How to Apply
Applications are available at library branches or download an application here. Deadline is 12:00 noon on Friday, 2 December, 2022.
The Public Libraries Act requires you be:
- at least 18 years old
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
- a resident of the Municipality
- not employed by your Library Board or your municipality
We welcome your interest and encourage you to explore the many resources the Library has to offer at missmillslibrary.com. For more information, please contact Christine, CEO/Chief Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-256-1037.