Consumer Reports and other magazine articles and new resources available!
Patrons of the Mississippi Mills Public library now have free access to Consumer Reports, along with many other magazine articles and online resources through EBSCOhost databases.
EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system offering a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers. Resources available include: books, newspapers, magazines, ebooks, audiobooks and more.
When logging in from outside the library enter your card number in the Patron ID field (if your card number starts with a 2, omit the last digit). A video (33 minutes) about using these databases can be found here.
- Consumer Reports
- Canadian Reference Centre – but to simplify search, use: title list of publications. Canadian Reference Centre combines full-text content from Canadian magazines, newspapers, newswires and reference books. Also includes international (U.S. and U.K) periodicals in full text.
- EBSCO Audiobook Collection
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- MasterFILE Premier – 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents
- MasterFILE Reference eBook Collection – covers a broad range of general reference subjects
- Primary Search – provides articles from more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. Information dates as far back as 1990
- Primary Search Reference eBook Collection – eBook titles covering a broad range of general reference subjects for primary school students. Topics include social studies, history, language arts, geography, culture, math, and science