Mississippi Mills Public Library is opening a public computer lab at the Almonte Branch Library. (The Pakenham Branch Library computer lab will be announced soon.) The Almonte lab will open by appointment-only starting on Wednesday, June 24.
As part of Stage 2 in the Ontario government’s reopening plan, public libraries can now open computer labs to the public but access to the rest of the library remains closed. To manage this new service level, the Mississippi Mills Public Library has introduced the following guidelines. Please read them all…
- The Almonte Library computer lab offers 6 computers (includes 1 Apple desktop) and 5 bring-your-own-device-workstations, all spaced at least 2 metres apart to allow physical distancing.
- Access to the computer lab is at the side entrance on High Street.
- Residents can book ONE, 1-hour appointment per day. All visitors must leave the building after their session to allow for a thorough cleaning of each workstation between sessions.
- Bookings can be made 24 hours in advance by calling 613-256-1037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are sick, please stay home and we will reschedule another appointment when you feel better.
- We ask that all visitors wear a face covering and use hand sanitizer when they enter the building.
- Only one person can use a workstation at a time.
- Please show up on time. Visitors will not be able to enter the computer lab early. Appointments will be cancelled if visitors do not show up within five minutes from the scheduled start time.
- We only accept exact change for printing jobs (black & white- 15¢ per page/colour-50¢ per page).
- All visitors must follow the Library Patrons’ Code of Conduct.
Computer Lab Hours:
10 am – 1:30 pm, Tuesdays to Saturdays (Saturdays to begin on July 4)
Three appointment times available:
#1 – 10 am – 11 am
#2 – 11:15 am – 12:15 pm
#3 – 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
The computer lab guidelines follow public health and safety recommendations to ensure the safety of staff and patrons.
Please email Christine at email@example.com if you have any questions.